Sunday, May 10, 2020

What shall i do with all my unused dress shirts?

Over the weekend i decided to try and dress up nicer.  Not that i had any plans to go outside , we are still in a lock down situation, but just to feel a little bit more normal. 

While opening my cupboard , i noticed that i had lots of new dress shirts. In pristine condition, still in their covers. With the status of work from home still going to go strong at least for the next many months, i did not know what to do with them. 

The lockdown has actually opened up our eyes on so many things that going back to the way it was would be foolhardy. In fact many of the global ceo are saying they never want to go back to the way it was. 
This disruption has broken norms , heredity cultures, fabled ways of working into the dustbin. Businesses are still running.. some of them without travel .. no more 6 am flights for me for the forseeable future.. no more jetsetting continents. Things have changed for the better. 

We still havent gotten used to it.. it will take time.. change is a process and one has to go through the process to reach the acceptance of it. Covid 19 was the trigger. 

So back to my question of what do i do with my dress shirts. I still have my 40 odd ties there... ones which i havent worn since the time i joined the workforce... we got them as gifts .. passed on by my father and uncles to me. ... now almost obsolete .

But they still adorn my cupboard.  Taking up space. Most likely that will be the story of my many dress shirts. I will need a lot less. 

We similiarly have lots of obsolete things in our financial plan. Old beliefs, shares that no longer have any value. Industries that we thought were futuristic... now no longer valid 

Time we cleaned them up... like my ties and dress shirts.

Its simplefinancialsense 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner